Black Sesame Pappardelle with Miso Salmon, Lemongrass Soy Beurre Blanc, & Stir-Fried Veggies
Recipe By: Sasha of Pappardelle's Pasta
Serving Size: 4-6
1 lb. Pappardelle's Black Sesame Pappardelle
2 tsp. lemongrass paste
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
½ cup chilled and cubed butter
Lime juice to taste
Salt and white pepper to taste
2 tbsp. white miso paste
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. mirin
2 skin-on salmon fillets
Stir Fried Veggies:
1 cup diced bell peppers
½ cup snow peas
½ cup diced onions
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to broil on 500.
- Mix miso, mirin, soy, and vinegar.
- Cover the salmon with the marinade, put in a bowl skin side up, and let marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta to water, return water to a gentle boil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, stirring intermittently. Drain.
- Shake any extra marinade off of the salmon and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil the salmon for 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the pieces.
- While the salmon cooks, make the beurre blanc. Mix the lemongrass paste, the soy, and rice wine vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat and reduce by half, until a syrupy consistency.
- Turn the heat to low, and slowly whisk in the butter one cube at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and lime juice.
- To make the stir-fried veggies, heat a pan with the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until translucent and slightly softened. Add the snow peas and cook until desired doneness.
- Take the cooked pasta and place in bowl with the veggies on top. Add the cooked salmon and ladle the burre blanc on top.
- Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!