Broccolini & Black Sesame Pappardelle
Recipe & Photo By: Ben Fenton of Boulder, CO
- Turn on oven to 400 degrees. Carefully cut the top of the garlic bulb and pull away first layer of the "skin" but careful to keep the garlic bulb in tact. Put a touch of sesame oil on the garlic and wrap in tin foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to boil. Add pasta, cook 8-10 minutes, or until al dente, stirring intermittently.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large cast iron pan or skillet heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium heat and sauté the broccolini (with a pinch of salt) until crispy. When the garlic is done and cooled down, gently squeeze out the garlic cloves, if cooked all the way they should slide out easily.
- Add a little fresh lemon juice and toss.
- Add the cooked pasta, toss, add salt and some more of the reserved lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp of sesame.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve!
* Tip: Add flank steak for a new twist on beef & broccoli.