Chicken Fajita Pasta with Hatch Green Chile Pappardelle
- 16 oz. Pappardelle’s Hatch Green Chile Pappardelle
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 envelope (1 1/2 tbsp.) taco seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers (color of choice), sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Grill chicken on Traeger or BBQ until lightly charred on both sides but not fully cooked. Set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to water, return water to a gentle boil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, stirring intermittently. Drain and set aside.
- Once chicken has rested for about
- 10 minutes slice chicken breasts into strips then toss in taco seasoning and salt.
- Heat oil in skillet then brown chicken on both sides until fully cooked, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet add onions and peppers and sauté until softened. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and cooked chicken and continue to sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock, bring to a boil then remove from heat and add heavy cream.
- Toss with Hatch Green Chile Pappardelle. Serve and enjoy!