Rainbow Orzo Arancini
Recipe and Photo by: Ty of Pappardelle's Pasta
Serving Size: 4-6
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Rainbow Orzo
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
Salt, to taste
Cooking oil of choice
- Cook orzo in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until done, about 8 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in deep fryer (preferred) or large sauce pan.
- In a large bowl combine orzo with eggs, Parmesan cheese, peas, and 1/2 of the bread crumbs.
- Roll 1/4 cup of the orzo mixture into a ball and press 1 mozzarella cube into the center. Roll orzo ball in bread crumbs and set aside. Repeat with the remainder of the orzo mixture and mozzarella.
- Add a few orzo balls to the heated oil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- When finished cooking, remove orzo balls, place on paper towels, and sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve and enjoy with your favorite sauce.