Chesapeake Bay Sea Shell Mac & Cheese Casserole
Recipe By: The Pasta Palette - Maryland
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Chesapeake Bay Sea Shells
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons onion, minced
1.5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 4 quarts (3.8 liters) of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to water, return water to a gentle boil and cook for 10-12 minutes or until al dente, stirring intermittently. Drain and set aside.
- Coat casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, eggs, salt, pepper, and a half tablespoon butter with pasta in a large mixing bowl. Stir well and spoon into casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, and remaining tablespoon of butter in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. After it has baked in the oven for 30 minutes, uncover the dish and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Once the dish is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!