½ lb. Pappardelle's Foraged Mushroom & Herb Blend
2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1-½ cups mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped (plus additional for garnish)
1/3 cup chives, finely chopped (plus additional for garnish)
3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (plus additional for garnish)
2 oz. fresh basil leaves
Cashew Cream Sauce
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 cup cashews
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
¾ cup vegetable stock
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. To make the cashew cream sauce, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet on low heat. Cook onions until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, along with remaining sauce ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little water or milk if needed to get pouring cream consistency.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook mushrooms until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and continue to cook for 1 more minute. Set aside 1/3 of cooked mushroom mixture (used for garnish).
3. Add cashew cream sauce to mushrooms in the pan. Bring to a gentle simmer. Turn off heat and stir through chives and parsley.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente, about 10-12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Stir pasta water into sauce.
5. Divide pasta between serving bowls. Spoon over cashew cream sauce and garnish with mushrooms, chives, parsley, and basil leaves. Enjoy!