1 lb. Pappardelle’s Artichoke Lemon Tagliatelle
4 tbsp olive oil
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Black pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Start off by boiling a large pot of salted water.
- Heat up olive oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once oil is warm, add the minced garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Be sure to keep an eye on the garlic so it does not burn.
- Using the same pot of water, boil pasta until al dente, about 8-10 mins; drain pasta.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta. Cook pasta for 8 -10 minutes, or until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, add black pepper to the oil mixture and stir slowly.
- When pasta is down to last 2 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli to the pasta water. This will cook the broccoli to al dente. Drain the noodles and broccoli, and put it back into the large pot boiled noodles were in. Take the oil mixture off the heat and add to the noodles and stir gently. At this point, add a good amount of parmesan cheese and half of the parsley. Keep the remainder of the parsley to garnish. Thats it! Very simple and quick!!
Tip: You can substitute or add some red pepper flakes for some heat! You can add the red pepper flakes to the oil mixture at the last minute to flavor the oil.